We are currently seeking:Marketing Intern
Junior Advertising Sales Representative
See full job descriptions below.
JUNIOR ADVERTISING SALES REPRESENTATIVEThis role requires a sales and marketing-minded individual who desires an exciting opportunity to earn uncapped commissions and focus on connecting the local Pittsburgh business owners and organizations with marketing strategies including print, digital, events, sponsorships and social media advertising. This person desires to work with a supportive team base and the passion to build the brand within the community.
This position requires a focus on acquisition of new clients to hit monthly goals set forth by the company. The ideal candidate is motivated and focused on revenue growth across all platforms with the intention of meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
- Business-to-Business (B2B) advertising sales
- Monitoring, analyzing, and proactively creating solutions to retain and grow revenue
- Prospecting, appointment setting, and virtual/in person presentations
- Developing creative marketing plans across print, sponsorships and digital that engage client's target audience
- Building prospect lists and canvassing the market to find new business opportunities
- Coordinating sales efforts with marketing programs
- Actively collaborating with manager to create dynamic plans and goals
- Answering client questions about products, prices and availability
- Maintaining client records and processing contracts
- A commitment to excellent customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to use CRM, book ads and oversee client's creative needs
- Knowledge of digital advertising including but not limited to display, SEM, SEO, video and social media platforms a plus
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Google Suite products
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
- Reliable transportation & driver's license
Job Type: Full-time
Salary + monthly commissions
To apply send your cover letter and resume to Rachel Winner at email@example.com
Pittsburgh City Paper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Marketing InternThe Marketing Intern will report to the Advertising Director. The role will provide experience in marketing and advertising in the events and media industry.
Responsibilities will include:
● Planning and assisting at Pittsburgh City Paper planned events
● Assisting in coordination and administrative needs for events
● Collecting and organizing marketing data for sales representatives
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Knowledge of MS Office and/or Google Suite Office
● Passion for the marketing industry and desire for real-time experience
Interested students should email a cover letter and resume to Advertising Director, Rachel Winner at firstname.lastname@example.org